- 1.5 kg Beef fillets
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 tsp salt, course
- 2 tsp Beef stock powder
- 200ml Water, warm
- 80 g Onions
- 30g Butter
- 200ml Red wine
- 100ml Amarula
- 1 tin Cherries
- Rub the oil over the fillet, add salt and pepper.
- Grill the fillet on medium heat on the grid. Cover with the lid.
- Cook for +- 30 min for a medium fillet, +- 60 min for well done fillet
- Remove from the braai and slice just before serving with sauce.
- Dice onions
- Heat butter in a pan and fry until glassy.Dissolve the beef stock powder in the warm water.
- Add red wine, amarula and beef stock to onions and allow to boil.
- Reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cherries and simmer a further 3 min.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Serve warm
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Grilling time: 30 – 45 Minutes