- 2 fillet steaks, each weighing 300 g
PepperWarm squash and fennel salad
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 courgette
- 1 corn cob
- 1 red onion
- 100 ml fresh herbs
- Olive oil
- Wash the fennel and courgette.
- Cut in half lengthways.
- Remove the leaves from the corn cob and wash it.
- Peel the onion.
- Finely chop the onion and herbs.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper.
AT THE BRAAI
- Three-quarters fill the chimney starter with Weber briquettes and prepare the barbecue for direct heat – approx. 260-270°C.
- Brush the cooking grate with a neutral oil and cook the corn cob for approx. 10 min.
- Add the fennel and courgette and cook for 2-3 min until there are barbecue marks on both sides.
- Place the cast-iron grate in the GBS® cooking grate and let it get nice and hot.
- Brush the grate with a neutral oil and cook the steaks on the cast-iron grate for approx. 3-4 min. on each side, or until the core temperature is 58°C.
- Allow the steaks to rest for approx. 10 min. before serving.
- Slice the barbecued fennel and courgette and cut the corn off the barbecued cob.
- Mix the barbecued vegetables with finely chopped onion, herbs and a little oil, and season the salad with salt and pepper.
- Serve the salad with the steaks.
Skill level: Medium
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 30-40 min
Total time: 60-70 min
Barbecue temperature: 260-270°C
Cooking method: Direct
Equipment: Weber Original™ Digital Meat Thermometer, GBS® Cast-Iron Grate
Core temperature: 58°C